Friday, June 6, 2008

Quick summer pasta toss

It's so hot that I wanted to do a quick supper, so forgive me for not having the energy to take a picture! I adapted a Food Network recipe a couple of years ago, and hadn't made it again for too long. And broccolini was only $2/bunch at Sue's Produce (which I wish was next door to me instead of in Rittenhouse) yesterday, so I knew it was time! I just simplified it a bit, which is saying a lot, since it was already a one-pot, one-bowl dish.

Put a large pot of water on to boil.

Cut one bunch of broccolini into one-inch pieces, and slice about six radishes.

Slice a shallot or dice a small amount (a couple tablespoons) of red onion and toss in a large bowl.

Once the water's boiling, add 8-12 ounces of whole-wheat pasta (I used small shells) and a tablespoon of salt. Three minutes before the pasta is done, add the broccolini to the pot. 2 minutes later, add the radishes. One more minute, and you can drain it all together.

Mix a couple tablespoons of sherry vinegar, a tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper to taste with the onion or shallot in that large bowl. Add six ounces of crumbled feta, the pasta, and vegetables, and toss. Dinner's ready in about twenty minutes!


I know, i know, who cooks radishes? But they get sweet and stay crunchy, and it works.

No comments: